Reiki Energy Healing
what is reiki?
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation and also promotes healing. It is a very powerful form of healing that was discovered in 1922 and similar techniques have been practiced for thousands of years. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life energy."
how does it work
Reiki is both powerful and gentle. It has aided in healing virtually every known illness and injury including life threatening problems like multiple sclerosis, heart disease, cancer, skin problems, headaches, colds, flu fatigue, insomnia and many more.
It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that a "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If our life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The balance of our life energy is the cause of well-being. Our life energy flows through our organs, tissues, mind and soul. When the flow of our life energy, Ki is disrupted, it can greatly impact the functioning within one or more of the organs and tissues in our physical body. Ki is also responsive to thoughts and feelings. When we have positive and optimistic thoughts we increase our flow of Ki and this helps us to feel better and to function better. When we have negative thoughts (often due to stress or self-limiting beliefs) we disrupt our Ki. This negativity can easily become lodged in our subconscious creating a permanent disruption in the flow of healthy Ki which ultimately impacts our neuroimmune system. Reiki helps to rebuild healthier patterns and thoughts in our subconscious which ultimately directly impact our physical and mental wellbeing.
Some of the many benefits of Reiki healing:
- deep relaxation
- stress reduction
- supports stress management
- improved immune system functioning
- pain relief
- reduces anxiety and depression
- improved sleep
- balances the mind and emotions
- deepens spiritual connection and growth
- cleaning and clearing of energy
- enhances learning, memory and mental clarity
- healing of mental & emotional wounds
- supports mood swings, fear, frustration and anger
- supports and strengthens the healing of personal relationships
- enhances capacity to love
- helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica, insomnia, chronic fatigue
- improves overall health
- maintenance of physical and emotional health
- recovery from surgery or long-term illness
- balances chakras
45 or 60 minute sessions